Cosmetic acupuncture is one of the leading trends for those who are interested in non-surgical and minimally invasive procedures to help enhance their natural beauty, side effect free. Cosmetic acupuncture can enhance your natural beauty by restoring the skin’s smoothness, texture, and, in some cases, even scarring.
At SY Aesthetics, we use a special technique designed to improve the appearance of sagging and wrinkled skin. Rooted in traditional Chinese medicine concepts of meridian and acupoints, the technique was first developed in Korea in the last century; it also incorporated the contemporary Western medicine understanding of muscles and fascia. We use feather soft needles twice as fine as normal human hair to ensure minimal discomfort. Regular monthly maintenance can help achieve natural rejuvenation without leaving any marks or scars.
Once you know how cosmetic acupuncture can enhance your natural beauty while offering overall skin rejuvenation benefits, you can schedule a consultation of your own. To learn more about cosmetic acupuncture, call 212-543-1700.
Learn the Science Behind Cosmetic Acupuncture
If you want to know how cosmetic acupuncture can enhance your natural beauty, familiarizing yourself with the science behind the ancient alternative procedure is essential. During an acupuncture treatment, the very soft needle utilized works to stimulate fibroblasts, dividing them. Fibroblasts are typically known to be responsible for maintaining and creating GAGs, or glycosaminoglycans, elastin, and collagen. This mechanism triggers the immune system to immediately attempt to heal the areas of the skin, rejuvenating them in the process.
Preparing for a Cosmetic Acupuncture Procedure
Once you understand what to expect, you can begin preparing for a cosmetic acupuncture procedure by:
- Scheduling a proper consultation. This will help you get acquainted before your procedure.
- Ensuring essential hydration and nutrition is also recommended. This is especially important when it comes to choosing foods and drinks that offer antioxidants and vitamins optimal for skin health and elasticity.
- Avoid alcohol and blood thinners. Steer clear of consuming alcohol and any blood-thinning supplements, such as aspirin, before your acupuncture procedure.
- Maintain a gentle skincare routine in the days leading up to your appointment. Avoid harsh exfoliants, chemical peels, and other abrasive treatments before your session.
- Stress can impact the effectiveness of acupuncture. Practice relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, or gentle yoga in the days leading up to your appointment.
Discover if a Cosmetic Acupuncture Procedure is Right for You
Whether you’re interested in tightening your skin, removing blemishes, reducing your dark eye circles, or eliminating marks and scars, SY Aesthetics can help you achieve your vision. To learn more about cosmetic acupuncture and to schedule your consultation, contact SY Aesthetics by calling 212-543-1700 or by requesting a consultation online.